Web Presence Builder in PPA

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by GregHL, Sep 1, 2013.

1. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

a couple of questions relating to the web-presence-builder in PPA ...

1. we have WPB 11.0.10 - and I see that on the Parallels.com site, the current version is 11.5.6 - how do we upgrade the WPB in our cluster?
    2. where is the WPB release notes document? I would like to see what changes have been made from 11.0.10 -> Current
    3. How do we link to our own WPB in demo only mode?
    4. branding links? I would like to add a "hosted by" or "website provided by" link to the bottom of all WPB built sites - how do we do that? and can be make it a feature of WPB sites on some service templates, but remove the link in others?

The main reason for the WPB provided by link would be to offer a low-price build it yourself plan - with a route a full blown hosting package - the WPB plan would be no email, low-cost and advertise our services - upgrade to the non-linked site would be full-price plan, with email.

thx

2. Egor Chernodarov

Egor Chernodarov Odin Team

3. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

3 on the parallels.com site, the WPB can be used in "demo" mode - not publish or export - how do I link to our WPB in that way?
    4. can promotional footer be used in only some service templates?

4. Egor Chernodarov

Egor Chernodarov Odin Team

3. "Demo" mode it's almost like "Try-Before-Buy" mode. You can enable it with "demo_mode = 1" at /usr/local/sb/config file in section ['general']. It's not documented feature. So, you use it at your own risk.
    For the real hosting company I've recommend to use TBB. Such integration is more difficult to configure, but it's more customizable and user friendly. Additionally you can point your potential customers onto your signup page or even into billing (in the information box, email messages, pop-up messages and so on).

4. From WPB side "Promotional footer" can be enabled per site. WPB does not know anything about service templates. I think that currently you can use "Promotional footer" only as custom solution, because PPA does not have such settings for WPB. If you interested in this, you can write Feature Request for PPA.

5. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

I think it would be a good feature to have different promotional messages, depending on service template - that way, a reseller could have their link in their WPB - or have no promotional link at all.

We plan on using promotional link on low-cast plans, but on our "business" level plans, we do not want the promotional link.

6. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

7. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

how do we do this on 11.0?

The instructions you provided are 11.5 - which we won't have for weeks or months.. WpbApi.php isn't found on our servers even....