Mail problem, Error 550 Unroutable addres

Discussion in 'Plesk 6.0 Troubleshooting and Problems' started by sirrol, Jan 29, 2004.

1. sirrol

sirrol Guest

Problems with my mail. I've got 3 domains up and running at the moment. I used exactly the same settings for each domain name but one of them has a problem.
    I get the following message when i try to send a message from an other mail server to mine:

The original message was received at Thu Jan 29 14:15:55 2004
    Likely reason for failure: 550 unrouteable address

Reporting-MTA: dns; abuse@windesheim.nl

Final-Recipient: RFC822;info@de-roos.info
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 unrouteable address

Does anyone know what's the problem?

2. hardweb

hardweb Guru

Verify the MX records on the domain you want to send emails.

3. sirrol

sirrol Guest

MX records are set the same way as the the rest of the domainnames. So that shouldn't be the problem.

4. hardweb

hardweb Guru

Are you sure that this domain resolves corectly in DNS? You can try "dig" to debug this.

5. Highforge

Highforge Guest

Same Problem

I have the same problem and I have no clue how to resolve. Here are the details:

SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<place i'm sending to, which "Verifies the existance of email senders">:
    550-Verification failed for <anyemail@highforge.com>
    550-Unrouteable address
    550 Sender verify failed

Highforge.com is the only account I have setup in plesk and all the dns/mx appears to check out ok, but dns/mx isn't my strong suit. It can receive email only from servers that don't require existence verification...but I have no idea why this is. It's driving me crazy =)

6. hardweb

hardweb Guru

Most likely the IP address of your server doesn't resolve to your server name in reverse DNS. You must ask your provider to do this change.