"Directories" not working

Discussion in 'PSA 5.0 Troubleshooting and Problems' started by matt.simpson, Aug 16, 2002.

1. matt.simpson

matt.simpson Guru

Does anyone else's protected directories not work?

When I create a new directory under httpdocs, "test", then go into Plesk and create a protected directory "test", non-ssl, and create a user, it all looks like it's working. Then I go to http://wwwdomain.com/test and it doesn't prompt me for a username and password. I have a few clients who really need this to work.

Can someone else see if it works on yours.

I'm running PSA 5.0 Standard and RedHat 7.1. I've tried under SSL and NON-SSL, still doesn't work.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. kark

kark Guest

Is the PD mentioned in the httpd.include ?

3. PaulC

PaulC Guru

Damn! Doesnt work on our servers...

PSA 5 on FreeBSD 4.4

4. matt.simpson

matt.simpson Guru

Mer... I guess this is almost an official bug then?

Nope, it didn't turn up in httpd.include. Man that sucks. Guess i'll just use .htaccess untill there's a fix eh.

~matt

5. Phil@

Phil@ Tera Poster

@PaulC

On my server it doens't work too..

6. Phil@

Phil@ Tera Poster

Could anybody check existing protected directories.. ?

Some of existing protected directories (added in PSA 2.5) doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!

I checked the psa database to look which customer has enabled a protected directories . I access some of this protected directories without login!!!!!

Anybody should check this on his server..

Phil

7. matt.simpson

matt.simpson Guru

My existing protected directories also do not work.

That sucks, i'm glad i'm not using too many of them.

~matt

8. Dan S.

Dan S. Guest

I can not duplicate this problem. I have checked on both upgraded and newly installed 5.0 servers, and the old & new protected dirs still exist, and work.

9. matt.simpson

matt.simpson Guru

REALLY? That is crazy. Any idea's on what we should do then? Prolly not eh, since you can't re-create it. Humm... How 'bout any suggestions?

~matt

10. Dan S.

Dan S. Guest

I have reported it, and our techs in Russia are trying to duplicate this as well. Is it all directories, or just certain ones? Any commonality to it, since you all seem to be using different OS?

11. matt.simpson

matt.simpson Guru

Hey,

Nope, I've found it to be all directories (i've tried "test", "testing", and "space") on both SSL and NON-SSL, with none, one, two and three users under each directory. I'm running PSA 5.0 Standard on RedHat 7.1.

Hope that helps if at all,
    ~matt

12. eilko

eilko Guru

my old directories are working fine and I can also create new ones without problem...

I upgraded from PSA 2.5.3 to PSA 5.0 (RH7.3)

13. Phil@

Phil@ Tera Poster

I need a patch ASAP.

Thats not funny when everyone can access some of the customers admin areas.. (should be protected)

Some old PD works, some not, I don't know why..

BTW: PSA 5.0 Standard on RH 7.1

Phil

14. Dan S.

Dan S. Guest

Sorry, but we have been unable to duplicate this error on any test or production servers. We have tried just about every build, and they all work properly. That being said this does not yet qualify as a bug. If you are having these problems, you will need to follow the proper support channels to get help from Plesk. Most likely, we will need access to your servers to see what the problem is.

15. Phil@

Phil@ Tera Poster

Damn strange...

After more than 5 times of restarting PSA services.. all works fine.. !!?

I have created one more test domain to see if a new protected directory work or not,.... they work..

After that, I have tested some of extisting PD and they work.

That cannot be, I don't have changed any configuration.. and they work now..

This **** drives me crazy..

Phil

16. matt.simpson

matt.simpson Guru

Has anyone requested PSA Support to log in and fix this yet? If so, did they tell you what was wrong? Can someone post what was wrong if they know? Please & Thanks.

I restarted PSA like 6 times and rebooted the machine and still no luck. Arg. So that's strange. Does this still not work for anyone else?

~matt

17. Phil@

Phil@ Tera Poster

I requested PSA Support.. But before Vitali from Plesk Tech Russia has logged into my servers, all has worked fine

Try this:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/my_apci_rst

After this and 5 times of restarting the psa services, all works fine..

18. PaulC

PaulC Guru

Its alot of work, rebuilding the httpd.include file and restarting psa just to get a password protected directory to work.

:(

19. matt.simpson

matt.simpson Guru

MY GOD. I'm really starting to get peeved with this whole thing. Thanks Dan for the suggestion about going to Plesk Support for help to fix this, that itself is a great idea. BUT, I went to the damn form, filled out ALL the damn information and the next dang page cannot be displayed. Well &($#% I dispise filling in forms with mission critical information, but it ticks me off even more when I do and it doesn't work.

What I guess e-mail to support@plesk.com now?

Thanks,
    ~matt

20. webarama

webarama Mega Poster

emailing support@plesk.com won't do you any good. The email will bounce back telling you to use the form.

I have requested assistance on this, as we are affected also. I will post back here once I hear back.